Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 wrangler x and my engine will not get over 2800 rpms when you rev it up. when going down the road it has no power at all. check engine codes read p0431 and p0421 warm up catalyst efficiency bank 1 below threshold and warm up catalyst efficiency bank 2 below threshold. Anyone else had this problem or might know what i need to do to fix it?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Possibly a blocked or restricted CAT. Any dents or damage visible to it or does it appear to be discolored from overheating? You could drop the CAT at the flange bolts (not sure if 05 has them) and run the engine straight pipe, see if engine power and RPM's improve. I had a similar problem on my 05 Liberty, (and other non-Jeep vehicles in the past) and checked it that way. The Liberty has a 3.7L in it so it is a different setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
someone else told me that it sounded like the cat. i haven't pulled it off yet to check it but there is plenty of pressure coming out of the tailpipe. if the cat was stopped up or messed up would there still be plenty of pressure coming out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts