Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to mount a fishing rod holder on the rear spare tire.

Whether it's something that straps to the rear tire, bolts into the available lug holes....or anything that you think would be easy to mount a custom fishing pole holder on to.

I figured there would be hundreds of blank plate type systems that could/would attach to the outside of the actual tire or free lug holes...but couldn't locate anything.

I want to be able to mount this to the tire >>

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have that same rod holder and couldn't figure out a way to mount it to the spare. What I did was mount it to a board and drilled holes that align with the front license plate screw holes. When I get to the beach I mount this to the front bumper for my surf rods. I live several hours from the coast and I have a couple 12 ft, a 15ft, and 10ft rods so they are broken down until I get to the coast. The mounted rod holder makes it easy to run up and down the beach.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have that same rod holder and couldn't figure out a way to mount it to the spare. What I did was mount it to a board and drilled holes that align with the front license plate screw holes. When I get to the beach I mount this to the front bumper for my surf rods. I live several hours from the coast and I have a couple 12 ft, a 15ft, and 10ft rods so they are broken down until I get to the coast. The mounted rod holder makes it easy to run up and down the beach.
For me it's more about transporting the rods....

I was thinking about 2 pieces of wood and 2 VERY long bolts. Sandwich the rear tire with the wood (or even through the rim slots)....and attach the rod holder to the wood.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
801 Posts
For me it's more about transporting the rods....

I was thinking about 2 pieces of wood and 2 VERY long bolts. Sandwich the rear tire with the wood (or even through the rim slots)....and attach the rod holder to the wood.

Thoughts?
This would probably work, may have to try it myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts