Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to help finding Rockers. Right now, I don't have anything on the side and looks like something is missing. Looking for something simple, but able to get the job done andddd........... something that won't kill my bank account! Thanks. Pics on your rig are appreciated!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Check your local Craigslist/Kijiji posts. Guys are selling take-off rails/sliders all the time.
Hell, if you were closer to me, I'd sell you my Rubicon rails cheap- I want the enhanced ones, for a small step for vertically challenged women.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I always suggest rockhard 4x4 as that is what I have and they are amazing, if you do a quick search youll find them. The cheapest would probably be to go onto craigslist and find some rubicon rock rail take offs.

After that plenty of options if you just search rails/steps you should find plenty of threads going over a bunch.

·
Supporting Vendor
764 Posts
I need to help finding Rockers. Right now, I don't have anything on the side and looks like something is missing. Looking for something simple, but able to get the job done andddd........... something that won't kill my bank account! Thanks. Pics on your rig are appreciated!
Take a look at our 2 slider options - you won't be disappointed.

Wrangler JK (2007-2016)

We've got a "boat side" style that's for the tougher trails - an integrated skid plate fully protects the sides of your frames and gives you a very comfortable step.

Our tubular style is the more traditional rail with an angled tube that acts as a step and rocker guard.

Both options are 100% made in the USA, come powder coated, and have a very detailed installation video to help you install it yourself. Each fully covers your pinch seam to hide it, are built with function before form, and include a lifetime material warranty. Can't ask for much more than that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the OEM's be considered a step as well as a rocker?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wrangler JK (2007-2016)

We've got a "boat side" style that's for the tougher trails - an integrated skid plate fully protects the sides of your frames and gives you a very comfortable step.

Our tubular style is the more traditional rail with an angled tube that acts as a step and rocker guard.

Both options are 100% made in the USA, come powder coated, and have a very detailed installation video to help you install it yourself. Each fully covers your pinch seam to hide it, are built with function before form, and include a lifetime material warranty. Can't ask for much more than that.
Thank you! These fit what I need perfectly! I will be doing some digging!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check your local Craigslist/Kijiji posts. Guys are selling take-off rails/sliders all the time.
Hell, if you were closer to me, I'd sell you my Rubicon rails cheap- I want the enhanced ones, for a small step for vertically challenged women.
So the OEM's can't be used as a step as well?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Enhanced rubi rails could but you would pay for them....

The steps that come on Sahara's are really more of a step and not a slider from what I have seen.

I have Smittybilt SRC's on mine, but am looking to go with a boatside slider like the rock hard ones (My preference is Ace Engineering, but those look good).

Many people make good looking ones that do double duty as a step and rock rail.

Here's what the Smitty's look like. Not as durable, but the price was right at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
So the OEM's can't be used as a step as well?
The regular Rubicon rails cannot- they are merely a rock rail that covers up the pinch seam.

The Enhanced Rubicon rails have another, second tubular bar that can be used as a small step.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
As others have said, check local Craigslist. People sell stockers all the time when they upgrade.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Look on craigslist, you have to keep watching, they're not there all the time but do pop up. They're on e-bay too, but shipping will kill you unless they're in driving distance. I paid $125 for my 2dr. I bought mine before ordering my JK, I never liked the look of the pinch seam, the rock rails give it the finished look.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wrangler JK (2007-2016)

Any chance of free shipping? Will buy right now!

·
Supporting Vendor
764 Posts
Any chance of free shipping? Will buy right now!
Sorry but no, we don't compete against our hard working dealers. Many of them are mom and pops like we are so we try to give them every chance we can.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry but no, we don't compete against our hard working dealers. Many of them are mom and pops like we are so we try to give them every chance we can.
I ended up purchasing them anyway! Thank you! I will post picutres when I get them installed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts