Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you know i'm in the process of rebuilding my 79 CJ7, this weekend ive put the engine in the frame and installed the body, this week i want to have my rear driveshaft fabricated there is missing only one measure, thats why i need your help, i want to know what is the distance between the beginning of the rear yoke and the rear of the tailshaft housing of the t-case, this way i can have my d-shaft fabricated the perfect lenght so it wont bump on the t-case or fall in the street, the jeep must be on flat surface without any load except the jeep itself, anyone with a YJ with a np231 t-case can help

heres a pic of what i need

thanks
yan

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got 2 1/16" sitting on asphalt in the parking lot

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know this has nothing to do with your thread. But WOW, that is a super clean t-case!!!:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a yoke ? i assume you mean a slip yoke...the d-shaft have under 15" of lenght so there is no place for a slip yoke...

and yes its clean :) it has been sandblasted and painted just like the engine anf frame

thanks for the help
yan

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow nice set up. looks expensive. what are you running because my 79cj7 has the front and rear drive shaft on the passenger side

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks expensive lol...not that bad, i have a industrial sandblast and it took paint, and alot of time !its a 79 cj7, i kept the 79cj7 304 engine, put a cherokee ax-15 on ti along with a reclocked cherokee np231 t-case, all this is in a 1988 Yj frame (wich ive put custom body mounts and engine mounts

·
Registered
600 Posts
just beautiful...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts