Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a2009 wrangler with 101,000 miles. I bought it three months ago. This has now happened to me twice now where i lose brake pressure. The first time it happened I ran over a couple of these nice sized lane devider things. They were pretty good sized too and then today I hit a decent sized pothole. Once I lose pressure the pedal goes to the floor when I barely apply pressure. I have to pump the brakes to build the pressure back up. Anyone know what could be the issue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it only happen after driving a while? I had a bmw where I lost all pressure in the pedal once and I found out one of the rear calipers was stuck. My guess is brakes got so hot fluid vaporized locally and that is why I lost all pressure. Fixed caliper and it never happened again. Never bled the brakes so it was not air in the system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first time it happened I was driving for about 40 minutes and the second time I was only driving for like 10 minutes. It only seeps to happen when the jeep takes a good jolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts