Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have searched through threads and have not been exactly able to easily locate the information I am looking for. I hope that someone here can please help me!

I just installed front and rear led dome lights, I bought what I thought was a Canbus rear dome light, (but it may not be) bought from recomended lights on superbrightleds.com.

Problem is my map lights stay on for 1 minute after the car doors closed

What kind of effect will this have on my cars battery?

What wires do I pull from the autodim to make this go away (my mirror is flipped upside down anyway

Thank you!
Trace

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your instrument panel dimmer switch. I think that will change how long you dome lights will stay on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried adjusting your instrument panel dimmer switch. I think that will change how long you dome lights will stay on.
Hmm good point I will go look!

Maybe they have always have stayed on for one minute and I never noticed

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
Hmm good point I will go look!

Maybe they have always have stayed on for one minute and I never noticed
Bingo....

I have the stock lighting. Nomally I have the switch off for the interior lights. But if on, they will stay on for a few after i remove the key and lock up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it's still there I believe it has to do with the rear led, what should I pull to turn off the map lights inside the autodim?

Thanks!

image-2931059822.jpg

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Pretty sure they always did that. Most vehicles keep the lights on for a bit or until they're locked with the remote. I can check mine in a bit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
So it's still there I believe it has to do with the rear led, what should I pull to turn off the map lights inside the autodim?

Thanks!

View attachment 2010713
Just pop the little housing off from under the mirror and unplug it.
Do you have a picture of your rear LEDs dome light?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Same thing is happening to me .... this past Saturday I changed my dome light ( fortec) very bright , but I notice that my map lights are staying on much longer than before .... I'll lock everything , dome light goes off but not the map till like a good 10 minutes.....

I'll probably switch them off Tomorrow and see what happens. ..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pretty sure they always did that. Most vehicles keep the lights on for a bit or until they're locked with the remote. I can check mine in a bit.
See the funny thing is, they stay on the whole time while I am driving, I am about to go inspect the autodim mirror while I wait for my tires to arrive today:punk:

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
Bingo....

I have the stock lighting. Nomally I have the switch off for the interior lights. But if on, they will stay on for a few after i remove the key and lock up.
Yeah, but I think they turn off if you start the engine. Staying on is a different behavior. Sounds like the timer has been disrupted by the install of the new lights. No real clue.

First thing I'd do is disconnect the new lights and see if the map lights return to normal behavior.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, but i think they turn off if you start the engine. Staying on is a different behavior. Sounds like the timer has been disrupted by the install of the new lights. No real clue. First thing i'd do is disconnect the new lights and see if the map lights return to normal behavior.
Yup just checked goes back to normal with old (factory) bulb

So I guess now my choices are
A-Leave bulbs as is and have green in the mid dome light and white in the rear
B- Search and try other bulb suppliers to see if theres work
C- Close my eyes and pull at these wires (Inside autodim mirror)
image-2031925648.jpg

·
Registered
374 Posts
I drove a good 10 minutes and they were on the whole time ..... your maybe right something was disturbed after changing the dome lights ...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
I locked myself in my jeep last night to see exactly how long did they stay on for . It took 10 minutes to shut off. I'm going to switch them up today and see what happens.

More jeep bonding ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts