Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been trying to come up a name for the ole YJ. Need some help from everyone to pick a name for the rig. A few names that the family and I have come up with so far.

"Hound" (the Jeep transformer)
"Yeep" (mashup of Jeep and YJ)
"Mongrel" (a dog with no breed since the Jeep's made up of different manufacturer's parts)

"Frankenstein" (green and made up of various parts)

To maybe help spur the conversation, here's some general info about different parts of the rig and a few pics:

Hunter Green 95 YJ Rio Grande
Chevy LS 5.3 Swap w/4L65e
Ford 8.8 rear
TJ front seats
Autometer gauges

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Not really big into naming my rides (my girlfriend named my current YJ “The Keeper”) so I can’t help you much there, but I can tell you your YJ is nice looking, and of course I always dig the LS conversions.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I am in agreement with SoCal on not really naming my vehicles. But my buddy and I did name mine in a beer drinking state of mind. It was the day we trailered it home to his house. We started checking out what a pile, bucket, heep it was in its condition that day. My buddy was giving me s#@t about what a pile it was. So we started calling it El Jeepe’ It kinda stuck.

On the flip side he can’t believe how nice it is now!!!! Old El Jeepe’ square head lights is growing on him. He’s a CJ/TJ guy. Lol

As for naming yours its just got to come to you in the moment. Or not at all.

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
just call it a jeep and be done with it

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nottatruck

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

Reactions: v895yj

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
My jeeps are named...
M.U.T.T. (made up of all different jeep models)
Red jeep
Sahara
Silver jeep
Green jeep
Black jeep

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies so far!!

Yea, I've never put much thought into naming a vehicle either. The wife started throwing out the idea of naming the Jeep a few weeks back. My son gave the idea of "The Hound", my wife said "Yeep", and a buddy threw out Mongrel. I kind of like Mongrel, but just seeing what other ideas there might be since i'm not creative at all.

Someone also said Frankenstein, since it's green and made up of various parts. I kind of like that too.

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,963 Posts
I don't really have a name for it, But if anybody asks. It's MY JEEP!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I call mine “the Jeep”, because I only have one.
If I were to get another I’d call it “the old Jeep”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Lol I have a YJ and an XJ and they are both.. The Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I only have one jeep now and it's one too many. But back when i had 2 CJ7's 2 YJ's 3 XJ's and a MJ i still didn't need names for them. I think naming cars is cringe i would never even consider naming any of the vehicles i have or will ever own.

My YJ ended up with the name ****** Trash many years ago it never stuck but it was somewhat amusing because i had never heard anything called that. But then again i dont hang around in hillbilly circles so maybe i am out of the loop on everything ****** and trash. Maybe it was a country song?

·
Registered
650 Posts
So been trying to come up a name for the ole YJ. Need some help from everyone to pick a name for the rig. A few names that the family and I have come up with so far.

"Hound" (the Jeep transformer)
"Yeep" (mashup of Jeep and YJ)
"Mongrel" (a dog with no breed since the Jeep's made up of different manufacturer's parts)

"Frankenstein" (green and made up of various parts)

To maybe help spur the conversation, here's some general info about different parts of the rig and a few pics:

Hunter Green 95 YJ Rio Grande
Chevy LS 5.3 Swap w/4L65e
Ford 8.8 rear
TJ front seats
Autometer gauges

Mean Joe Green!

Reactions: v895yj and jamiemcc

·
Registered
323 Posts
My jeeps are named...
M.U.T.T. (made up of all different jeep models)
Red jeep
Sahara
Silver jeep
Green jeep
Black jeep
You need a few more and one needs to be blue. Then you could have the Dr Seuss jeeps. 1 jeep, 2 jeep, red jeep, blue jeep.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts