Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have one key and it is locked inside the Jeep!! The hard top is on so this isn't as easy as just unzipping a window. The top freedom tops are fastened. How can I get into the Jeep????

My wife drives this as her dd so I need to figure out how to get in by tomorrow morning before she leaves for work. Any ideas??

·
Registered
339 Posts
Can't help you with breaking into the Jeep but......

You really should get a couple of spare keys. If you only have one key, you will need to get a second key and get it cut and programmed at a locksmith or dealer.

Once you have two working transponder chip keys, you can purchase additional uncut transponder keys and program them yourself per instructions in your owner's manual. Very easy to do, and you can self-program up to 8 additional keys.

A good place to get inexpensive transponder chip keys that are made in the USA is here:

Transponder Chip Ignition Keys for Jeeps on Sale!

Mabar

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was easier than I thought. I called a police buddy to come over and he helped me get in in less than 2 minutes.

Step 1, pry door slightly.

Step 2, blow up inflatable to allow working room. If you don't have one of these, have a buddy hold whatever you are using to pry the door open with in step one to give you both hands for the next step.

Step 3, reach in with hanger or something and pull the door handle open.

:)

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Can't you have just a key strictly for locking/unlocking the door? NOT a transponder key?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Most fire department can help you....
Seriously? Like they dont have emergencies and more important things to do then come over to your house and break into your Jeep. Sheez, why not just call 911 then. Thats a waste of tax payer money and could possibly tie them up from a real emergency. :nonono:

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
the Kolector said:
Can't you have just a key strictly for locking/unlocking the door? NOT a transponder key?
YES. I have one for my truck. Got it free. Buddy owns a key machine. I keep it in the truck so if I need to leave my dog in I can leave it run but lock the doors, now the method above works just fine. With an air jack (or chocks) you can def get in. I have a set of tools to do it and have done it more than once. A coat hanger will work alright too.

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
Seriously? Like they dont have emergencies and more important things to do then come over to your house and break into your Jeep. Sheez, why not just call 911 then. Thats a waste of tax payer money and could possibly tie them up from a real emergency. :nonono:
Thats what I pay AAA for, well that and flats, run out of gas etc. I'll be damned if I'M changing out the 35's for a flat!:rofl:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go to ebay and buy a couple of keys for like $12 or something and get them cut anywhere. Then you can program them yourself IF you have two working keys. Two programmed keys are required to follow the procedure to reprogram new keys yourself.

Hide one new cheap one somewhere on your vehicle in case you need it.

New Chrysler Dodge Jeep Replacement Uncut Transponder Chip Key Blade Pair | eBay

I did it. It works.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Haha seriously.

911 what's your emergency?

Uhh, I locked my keys in my Jeep.

Okay sir, just relax, we're sending our entire fire department.

:rofl:

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
appleman46 said:
Haha seriously.

911 what's your emergency?

Uhh, I locked my keys in my Jeep.

Okay sir, just relax, we're sending our entire fire department.

:rofl:
That is def an all call, police, fire, ems, medical evac, national guard, hell I heard FEMA will give you a trailer to live in while they fix the situation.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
55chevypost said:
Easy there Chim Chim, he didnt say he was on duty. Cops do have friends and days off.
He was referring to the call the fire dept post not buddy the PO

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My buddy was off duty, he was here in a couple minutes and took less than 2 min. to get into the Jeep.

My brother (also police) suggested calling the non-emergency police line. If officers aren't on a call they can send them over to help out (just part of what they do).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
aharper said:
This was easier than I thought. I called a police buddy to come over and he helped me get in in less than 2 minutes.

Step 1, pry door slightly.

Step 2, blow up inflatable to allow working room. If you don't have one of these, have a buddy hold whatever you are using to pry the door open with in step one to give you both hands for the next step.

Step 3, reach in with hanger or something and pull the door handle open.

:)
There is an easier way if you have less tools. It only takes a socket set to get it. :p

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
How is that any different than calling the police. Taxpayer money and emergencies? LOL

Common sense would indicate that if a fire department had the tools to unlock a vehicle they would send 1 or 2 firemen, not the whole fire department.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts