Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my emergency brake for about 3 weeks wouldn't stay locked in and would pop out, so i saw a thread on here about how they had a recall, so i entered my vin number and the recall was on mine to, so i scheduled a appointment at capital jeep dodge ram to get it fixed, so i took it Thursday to get them to fix the emergency brake pedal assembly(recall) fixed, and we drove it 45 minutes home and i took my girlfriend out to eat that night, then drove it Friday to Busch gardens about 2 and half hours there and back, and then Saturday it sat all day as we took the girlfriends expedition everywhere, well i went out this morning to start the jeep up to go for a cruise with the doors off and it wouldn't start, it would crank at first and not turn over then a couple more times i cranked it and it turned over but the idle was horrible, it would bog down and if i reved the engine it would take a second, bog down, then rev up. and if i took my foot off the gas it would idle and bog and then just shut off.

before i took it i saw threads about people getting the recall fixed and the mechanic not grounding the fuel pump back to the e brake or something but im totally lost. how do i diagnose this problem and what do i do? i need it done fast as it my daily driver, and i also need proof to get the dealership to fix it

·
Registered
9 Posts
my buddy had a problem that sounds similar to that on his 2002 grand prix (pos), but he ended up having to replace his mass airflow sensor and his throttle body. but the throttle body was because some idiot at the shop broke it. but the mass airflow sensor is what controls that and its very fragile. if they tried to clean it or anything like that it could very easily be cracked. id have an independent mechanic check it out. the jeep dealer is gonna charge so much for it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts