Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to repair my frame where the skid plate goes it rusted in both side. i bought the safety cap kit for one side cause it more rust. but the othere side i just bought a long steel plate.to put in the bottom where the nut go. i want to know do i need to make the hole line up perfact for the skid plate if so how go i do it and where do i find inserts

·
Registered
755 Posts
When my friend and I did it on mine, we used angle iron to run up the inside of the frame, and wrap under.

I welded nuts to the inside of the angle iron, over my holes; with a large washer in between, to allow for a bit of bolt misalignment.

Welded that in.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
im going to repair my frame where the skid plate goes it rusted in both side. i bought the safety cap kit for one side cause it more rust. but the othere side i just bought a long steel plate.to put in the bottom where the nut go. i want to know do i need to make the hole line up perfact for the skid plate if so how go i do it and where do i find inserts
You will need to properly align the Skid bolt locations.

Pretty easy to do. Start by drawing a line down the center of the frame rail, then jack up the skid and bolt it to the 4 trans mount studs, centering the bolts in the slotted openings on the skid. Then jack it up hard against the frame centering your line in each of the 6 holes. Now you are properly aligned, just center punch each location. Took me about 10 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts