Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I've been reading until my eyes watered but can't find exactly what i will need. I'm looking at adding a 3in lift with 35s on my 14 jkux. can anyone help me with what I will all need to keep everything strong and working correctly. i want to do it right. i will not be crawling but playing the the mud/snow and running trails. appreciate any help, links, and/or advice!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be fine with a 2.5. Just want to make sure I can clear the 35s with little to no rubbing. Budget for lift would be around 1k+/- some. If I get get a better quality set up for a bit more I'll just have to save a bit more!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Mike has a TeraFlex 2.5" lift on his jeep and runs 35s with no problem. The only mod he had to do was trim his pinch seam. But you've got a '14, so yours is already trimmed.

We have a friend who got an RK 2.5" lift and he got 4" of lift from it, even with a 95 lb. bumper sitting on the front. He's looking into a new driveshaft now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike has a TeraFlex 2.5" lift on his jeep and runs 35s with no problem. The only mod he had to do was trim his pinch seam. But you've got a '14, so yours is already trimmed.

Alright that's good to know. I thought I would have to do something with the steering and sway bar with the lift. Thanks!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
There are definitely guys that do it, but it's not REQUIRED like it is if you go 3+". Then you really SHOULD do it all at once and raises the initial cost.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's good to know. So really if I go with the 2.5 with 35s all I will really need is a beefed up tire carrier. More money towards a winch! Thanks for the help. Now to decide what lift to run with

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Lot of reading there and did help out! i think I'm going to run with the AEV JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5. from what i read seems like a nice set up.
thanks again for help
Want to buy my used AEV Dualsport XT 2.5? It has 1,800 miles on it and includes the front lower control arm correction brackets. I'm in WI frequently so shipping isn't an issue.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
There you go ^ I highly recommend rear stock swaybar links in the front instead of the relo brackets, find a set for cheap or even $0

If he's not interested in your AEV lift. I may be. I'm in northern Illinois. May I ask why you took it off?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Want to buy my used AEV Dualsport XT 2.5? It has 1,800 miles on it and includes the front lower control arm correction brackets. I'm in WI frequently so shipping isn't an issue.
I may be interested. message me and I can get details

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I upgraded to a complete long arm system with res shocks and 37" tires. Rides worse now but is very capable. Just had the shakedown run in Moab.

I'll take a photo of the parts tomorrow and post it here. The Jeep is not a daily driver and has never seen snow/salt so the components for the AEV kit are nearly perfect new condition.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I upgraded to a complete long arm system with res shocks and 37" tires. Rides worse now but is very capable. Just had the shakedown run in Moab.

I'll take a photo of the parts tomorrow and post it here. The Jeep is not a daily driver and has never seen snow/salt so the components for the AEV kit are nearly perfect new condition.
Pm me please

·
Registered
99 Posts
There you go ^

I highly recommend rear stock swaybar links in the front instead of the relo brackets, find a set for cheap or even $0
New to this and have been reading a lot on lifts........why do you say this?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

So here is the AEV 2.5 kit I took off my '13 Rubicon. I believe all of the fasteners are there but I didn't personally remove the kit so you may have to buy a bolt or two. I also believe the rear track bar is the stock unit from the Jeep, the supplied AEV rear track bar is a stock one with the kit but has a really small bend in it to clear certain brands of aftermarket differential covers if I remember correctly. I'm unsure if this one is the AEV bar or the factory bar. You will notice that there are front lower control arm drop brackets included that are an extra $100 when you buy this kit from AEV or other retailers. Everything is in almost new condition as it has been on my Jeep for only 1,800 miles and never in snow or rain for that matter.

I can deliver to as far away as Madison, WI or Rockford, IL at no charge but not on Fri-Sat-Sun. New this kit is $1,050 with the drop correction brackets, I will sell it for $750 cash only. The installation instructions are available online, they are updated frequently so that is the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just realized I don't have the little brake line drop brackets. I didn't use them with only a 2.5" kit and if you have a '12 or newer the front lines simply are removed from the long hose holder per the instructions. The brackets are available online if your brake lines are just a little short.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
New to this and have been reading a lot on lifts........why do you say this?
I'm just the opposite in my opinion, the brackets from AEV allow you to use the stock length so there is MUCH less chance of them binding and the subsequent bending you often see with long links. The brackets are bolted in two places and are solid steel.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts