Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a popping noise coming from front of my jeep. Happens when i take off in 1st. If i go slow it might not do it but it happens every time I accelerate in 1st. I can hear it now also going speed limit but it has to be quiet and its more of a constant clicking sound then, not loud. But when taking off from a stop its a loud pop after pop noise until i get a certain speed which is not fast and still in 1st gear. I changed the front axle u-joints but still doing it. I got under jeep and turned driveshaft back and forth, thinking it might be u-joint on driveshaft and could hear a pop or something coming from passenger front hub area. Was not near as loud as when driving but sounded basically the same just not as loud guess because not moving much. Wondering if My hub or bearings could make that loud popping sound, just thought they hummed when going out. Did the wiggle check for bearings and seem fine. Thanks for any help on what it might be.

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
Possible it's the CV joint in your front drive shaft. Had one go on my old Power Wagon. That was the noise it made before I replaced it. A popping noise on take off, at low R.P.M's and when I turned it by hand. Just another place you could check. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts