Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 05 Rubicon about a month and was going to take the doors off. Don't know if they have ever been off before. I took off the nuts at the bottom of each hinge and started tugging....no luck. Am I missing something or is there a trick to this procedure? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lift straight up and try swinging the door back and forth as you lift.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Same thing happened to two of my doors the first time I removed them. sprayed a little penetrating oil, swug door back and forth and them came off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be sure you disconnected the electrical from the doors if you have it! Almost made that mistake before:hide:

It might be easier if you get a little leverage on it, lower your windows and lift with the door at a 90 degree angle.

Good Luck! Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do without doors! :punk:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
stevethegreek said:
Be sure you disconnected the electrical from the doors if you have it! Almost made that mistake before:hide:

It might be easier if you get a little leverage on it, lower your windows and lift with the door at a 90 degree angle.

Good Luck! Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do without doors! :punk:
The PO's 05 has no electrical unless its after market. If your still having problems shoot some penetrating lube on the hinges and put a block of wood on a floor jack and use that to lift them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts