Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tube steps mount up to the body mounts and use the bolts that came with the body lift. I can get one of the bolts out but the other one is really tight. I don't want to put the squeeze on it and break the bolt, because I doubt I can just replace it at the hardware store. It doesn't seem like I can spray any WD-40 on it and have it actually do any good. Does anybody have any tips or had this problem? Maybe? :\ Please? It's chrome..it has to go.. :flipoff:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'll take it if you'll ship. Black and chrome is what I'm shooting for. Make sure it's not to cold or there could be ice. Also, use a hand tool if possible. Breaking the bolt could be more than a problem so be really accurate with "feeling" the bolt or when it could go.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for the tips. I did the other bolts by hand and I figure I can do this one by hand. And black and chrome is the look I am getting away from lol

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Soak that sucker in PB blaster 2-3 times a day for a couple days (and put the other bolt back in for a few days)...see if that helps break it loose. You could also try to tighten the bolt just a hair to break it free...or give it a good whack with a hammer.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
All I can say is spray alota' penatrating oil on it and let it sit 4 a couple hours. By the way, Nice rig! I really like those Home made bumpers!

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can say is spray alota' penatrating oil on it and let it sit 4 a couple hours. By the way, Nice rig! I really like those Home made bumpers!
Alright thank you sir and I will pick up some PB blaster tomorrow when I go to work. I am ready to get these things off of there...I already got rid of the chrome tube bumpers so now these things just look out of place

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I used heat and something like pb blaster on my seat bolts ( don't use the torch AFTER using wd-40). I eventually used a angle grinder and replaced em with grade eights

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did finally get it removed. Today was the first chance I have gotten since the snow finally melted off and it was above freezing. I just braced myself with my feet against my rear tire and put the squeeze on it. The back bolts on each side step were a pain but the front ones were easy as pie..here is a pic of it after the removal..lemme know what you guys think

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts