Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a TJ second hand. Owned a TJ for years, but never with a lift, so it’s all new to me. She rides very rough, so I bough Rancho 9000s for her, but am now concerned that I don’t have the 4.5” lift I was told I had when I bought it. On the phone, RE said I had “some” of their parts. Three of the RE shocks that came on it bottomed out, and one is leaking oil, so I’m wondering if I do have a 3.5” and that’s what ruined the original ones? Also, how can I tell if there is a body lift installed? I’ve included some photos to see if that might help. Again, I’m a newbie with lifts, so go easy on me, and let me know if you see anything that I should be concerned with from the photos, and if you think it might be safe to put on these Ranchos. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
You definitely need to make sure which lift you have before you put the shocks on. You want to make sure you have the correct shocks for your lift and if your shocks are bottoming out, your shocks or bumpstops are incorrect length.(incorrect bumpstops likely by the pics)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts