Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 wrangler sport 4.0
Wipers just quit--fuse is good. How do I troubleshoot? likely switch or motor? How do I remove cowling to get to motor to see if its getting voltage -- 12v? How do I remove wiper switch?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Probably the motor. The bag on the motor fills with water on our 2000's. To get the cowl off lift the wipers and pull on the release thing at the pivot point to pull them off. Then 4 screws under windshield and one on the vent. Raise hood and pull off weather stripping. It just fits on with friction. Remove 4 screws. Pull off cowl. Check voltage to motor, it's probably good. Change motor. BE SURE you turn it on with out the wiper arms and turn it off. This will get it parked right. Otherwise you slam your wiper arms into the cowl and jack up new motor. I went through 3 then I sealed the bag with silicone/RTV no problem since. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably the motor. The bag on the motor fills with water on our 2000's. To get the cowl off lift the wipers and pull on the release thing at the pivot point to pull them off. Then 4 screws under windshield and one on the vent. Raise hood and pull off weather stripping. It just fits on with friction. Remove 4 screws. Pull off cowl. Check voltage to motor, it's probably good. Change motor. BE SURE you turn it on with out the wiper arms and turn it off. This will get it parked right. Otherwise you slam your wiper arms into the cowl and jack up new motor. I went through 3 then I sealed the bag with silicone/RTV no problem since. Good luck. :)
Wow--thanks for advice! the cowl just slips in under windshield? 5 screws it just pulls out?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
No. 5 screws you can see. 4 more under the weather stripping you pull off under the hood 9 total.

Weather stripping just pushes back on. It's not damaged doing this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts