Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as the title say a needing help, both my speed and temp controls work, my vent settings do not, I know there is a motor behind the center section on the drivers side, one immediately behind the glove box, it there a third one some where? That I am missing some where or how?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, seems that the actuator has broken, so that at least solves one of the issues I guess, now to figure if I am dealing with a loss of power situation now....

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok, seems that the actuator has broken, so that at least solves one of the issues I guess, now to figure if I am dealing with a loss of power situation now....
If you are not a DIYer - the part is HARD to get to - I had mine replaced by www.yourmechanic.com for about $190 (including parts. They fix it in your driveway.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Dorman 604-029 Air Door Actuator on Amazon for $18. There has to be a Youtube video on this. It cant be that hard to install

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are not a DIYer - the part is HARD to get to - I had mine replaced by www.yourmechanic.com for about $190 (including parts. They fix it in your driveway.

Which one? I quickly (5 min job) swapped the glove box unit back to the original

Plus my original question was where are the actuators located and how many are there, I know of the two main ones either side of the center console/dash area, but am unsure if there is/was a third or fourth(I’m not counting the recirculating air door)

Also see picture attached, that was a doorman unit, it failed…will have to check receipt but I’m pretty sure it was less then 1 year

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts