Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched through the documents/cd I was given when I got my 2014 Sahara, but can't seem to find detailed info for tearing into her. I just bought a 21.5" light bar that I want to mount on top of the front bumper, but apparently, it's in several casings! I loosened the outer one, but it won't slide off because of the towing "horns" sticking up....is there a way to remove/loosen the horns and get the outer plastic casing off so I can finish attaching my light bar?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Or, even better, where can I get a "Service Manual" that would have all of this info anyway!? Sam

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
There are a number of videos on youtube to show you how to remove the bumper, take a look

·
Registered
510 Posts
There are four 19 mm (IIRC) nuts that attach the steel reinforcement behind the plastic bumper to the frame mounting flange. Two can be accessed from the sides near the bumper caps and two are accessed from underneath the vehicle after removing the lower air dam from the bumper; this requires loosening the six plastic inserts (IIRC) with the screw in the middle. You will need to unclip the wiring harness from the bumper and the foglights. The bumper will then slide off the mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts