Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a Alpine PSW-8, blog with a Alpine KTP-44A and a i207-WRA.
The issues with the PSW8 is, I have the gain set all the way up and bass and its not really sounding that great. Bass/lows are only there when I am cranking it or bass heavy music. I tired a KICKER HS8 and got NO sound via RCAs. At least with he PSW-8 it works. Alpine is not help and does not think I have a 3rd bad radio.
The bass remote is also all the way up. Alpine said no need to have gain on sub set that high.

before this I has a 430 with a AudioControl LC2i, Alpine KTP-U and kicker HS8. The system worked excellent and sound was great. That sub would shake my Jeep at times and kick drums could be felt and heard on my music.

I am using the same power and grounding points.

Anyone have ideas before I take it to an Alpine shop to have them check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured this out. I removed the KTP-44A and everything worked perfectly. Called Alpine Tech support and they had nothing to say except, have it tested locally. Retuning too Crutchfield. Hat's 2 bad i207 and one bad KTP44-A from Crutchfield. Done with ordering Alpine via them.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.

I think I would just be "Done with ordering Alpine". It's not like Crutchfield is asking to be sent all the defective ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts