Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Decided to do the fluid in the differentials today. Front went good but when I got to the rear things got interesting for me. There is no rubber cap on the back cover as I expected. I found what looks like a ratchet-out cap on the side of the front of the diff in the sake style as the front axel.

My question is....what axel is this? The rear "cover" has no bolts and really isn't a cover at all I guess since it doesn't come off. I can't find on google an example of a rear diff with a plug like this one. And the bottom has some sort of....something that looks like it was welded shut at some point?

Here's pictures. If you guys can tell me what axel I have that would be awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm guessing it's a good one? I'm new to axles honestly. I know some about Dana's because of my father but that's it.

The P.O. gets credit for a good amount of my Jeep. I've found a few places where he "made things work" in a way maybe I wouldn't have but for the most part he made some really awesome decisions with this Jeep. Sounds like the rear is another to add to the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts