Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been a hell of a ride the past few weeks. So let me start off with I bought a 2009 JKU about 8 months ago it had 79,000 miles on it and now sits at 85,0000.

I had an issue with the lightning bolt coming on and the dealer was going to "take care of it" for me. I got the jeep a couple days weeks later and all was good...for a month. The lightning bolt was back and for a while I just dealt with it. I would turn the jeep off, turn it on and keep going. Well, I got death wobble really bad and took it to a mechanic. He replaced ball joints and a u-joint and that fixed the death wobble. He replaced the PCM, my pedal and some sensor that would take care of the lightning bolt. (all of that was $1700)

3 days later the lightning bolt was back. This time it is p2173. I took it back to the shop and they just wanted to replace the throttle body. I am concerned that this may not be the issue. Today it also threw p0507 and I thought it might be a pcv valve. I replace it today and cleaned the throttle body. I also heard a "hissing" noise but I could not locate it. I cleared out the codes and thought that I might have fixed it, but NOPE. still throwing the same code! Can anyone help?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I replaced the map sensor and pub valve so far with no luck. I ordered a salvage TB and will put it on this weekend. How do I locate the TB gasket. I didn't see it when I cleaned my existing TB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've read most of these threads I can't locate any cracks or holes. I hope the throttle body I ordered fixes the issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've read most of these threads I can't locate any cracks or holes. I hope the throttle body I ordered fixes the issue.
So, was it the throttle body? I'm having the same issue, even the hissing noise. I was figuring it was the power steering box I installed because it started hissing around that time. But I also replaced my throttle body with the viper TB I had on before. I took it off earlier this year to diagnose a p2173 which turned out to be the egr valve.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts