Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 10 years without a Jeep, I just bought another one. This one is number 7. Anyways, Its a '94 2.5L. It doesn't have any dash lights. Everything else works, (cig lighter, Head/tail lights, all gauges, etc...) I found I don't have any power to the acc lamp fues. I pulled the fues and tested the contacts with a test light and nothing. Please point me in the right direction.
OH.... I will update my profile and info tomorrow. I just need to get this posted before I hit the hay.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
879 Posts
without looking at a wiring diagram, I would guess the fuse gets its power from the back of the switch

·
Registered
886 Posts
If the bulbs are not fried... you can bypass the dimmer by taking off the harness behind it and using a "jammer" (wire of some sort) to connect the outermost connectors and completing the circuit. Funny that I googled it and found the answer to my question on Jeepforum.... keep this quiet or they might cancel my account. HAHA

·
Registered
886 Posts
I said jammer but meant "jumper", but I'm a little thirsty tonight.

·
Registered
323 Posts
O.K....this is going to sound odd, but looking are you sure that the dimmer switch is rotated up? The only other things on that circuit are your running lights, but they are bypassed so the dimmer doesn't affect them. If the dash dimmer isn't turned off, it's likely the switch. You should be able to check the tan wire coming off the dimmer switch to check for voltage. It feeds the 5A ACC fuse you spoke of. Honestly, my first guess would be that the dash lights are just dimmed to off. Let me know, and I hope this helped!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hokey Pete I missed something...lol. I heck I just put the post in and then two others appeared before it. prosx445 you want to just call me? I'll give you the number if you're still up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts