Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add 2 pair (4:) kc lites to my from bumper and 2 on the mirror mounts. I want KC lites. what watt should i run on the bumper for the 4 and what watts for the 2 higher ones on the mirror mounts.

Will i be ok if I use the full size lights on all the locations or are the kc slimlites preferred on the bumper...

I am new to this so any help is appreciated

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I ran all full size 130w daylighters. $50 cheaper per pair was more than enough for me to make up my mind.

I would recomend a pair of 130w long range and a pair of 130w driving lights on the bumper and another pair of either of the windshield.

Lights « Daylighter « Daylighter 130 Watt Driving Black « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories
Lights « Daylighter « Dayligher 130 Watt Long Range Black « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories

And these can be found cheaper if you look around.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
my lights

I have the replacement for factory fog lights and a set of slim lights on the front of my Jeep (see pic) and I rarely NEED the slim lights. When I do use them it is like driving on a sunny day-but I do like having them. I can only imagine what running 3 sets, with one set mounted that high would be like. I do like my slim lights though and they have worked trouble free for over 4years. Good luck. :wavey:

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
3 sets? with high beams and factory fogs Is amazing. I love it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I should run fogs on the lower bumper and driving or long range on the upper bumper and mirror mounts????? Do i need slimlites for the mirror mounts???

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
So your putting lights where the stock fog lights would be, on a bar off the front bumper, and the windshield brackets?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes that is what I want to Do.

I have the smittybilt src front bumper. There are 2 spaces for the lights where the OEM goes and two on the top of the bumper. I also want to use 2 on the mirror. I want daylight at 2AM!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts