Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed a jks 1.25 inch body lift without doing the mml. So I am having trouble with installing the drop plate jks gives you for the transfer case. Every way I mounted it I still can't get my transfer case to shift right? Does anyone have any advice?? I'm also having trouble shifting into 2nd, 4th, and reverse I guess I have to trim inner boot from what I heard??? any advice appreciated........

·
Registered
957 Posts
You used the bottom hole on the transfer linkage drop bracket? Yes you will probably need to do some trimming. The PO of my TJ butchered the lower boot and I cant put the upper one on or it won't go into reverse. I will get to that sooner or later, but still trying to fix his more important screwups.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I used the bottom hole on the extension bracket they gave me. I just can't seem to get the 4wd linkage lined up. I know it's not right because i can feel it not engaging the 4wd right and the indicator light is not coming on

·
Registered
237 Posts
Your probably not getting enough throw,because the tubs now 1.250" higher.There is an adjustment on the transfer case shifter linkage,you might have to re-adjust for the new throw.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i never installed the bracket with mine.. and i kept breaking my linkage.. i actually lost it on like the 20th time i broke it.. now i gotta crawl under my jeep to engage 4wd.. until i buy the novak shifter assembly (i think thats who makes it) just havent been around my jeep long enough to worry yet

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
willysmb thats exactly what it seems like. I remember seeing another rod on the linkage that looks like it had an adjustment bolt on it. I will give it a look tom and see if i can adjust that, Thanks alot for the tip

moa- yea thats the last thing I wanna do is crawl under there everytime so hopefully I can get it tom ha. At one point though I did think if i actually did need the bracket or not

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I have the JKS 1.250 BL and 1" MMl and still had to play around with the T-case shifter adjustment to get it to engage nice.....
Thats odd......I have done the 1.25 BL and 1" MML combo several times and have never had to worry about any linkage or fan shroud trimming

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
Just curious, why not put in the motor mount lift and forget all the other problems you are having?
X2 :confused:

I have the JKS 1.250 BL and 1" MMl and still had to play around with the T-case shifter adjustment to get it to engage nice.....
I did those myself and my TC shifter works as good as before.

Now. Regarding your shifter. Two things, under the boot on the shifter shaft there is a piece of foam rubber. Cut it off. I also enlongated the screw holes in the console (Storage area) and redrilled new holes in the other screw locations so I could move the entire console back slightly. (1/4" to 3/8" Approx.) This has made mine much easier to shift into the bottom gears. It could be better with more adjustment but I'm leaving it as is due to the fact that I plan to tummy tuck it asap and that will bring the shifter back up. :cool:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Thats odd......I have done the 1.25 BL and 1" MML combo several times and have never had to worry about any linkage or fan shroud trimming
i never ran into a problem until id be at full flex.. i talked to a lot of people who had this problem.. for some reason when im flexed out the linkage loved to pop out

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
MoA said:
i never ran into a problem until id be at full flex.. i talked to a lot of people who had this problem.. for some reason when im flexed out the linkage loved to pop out
The rear driveshaft? Just trying to understand :)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The rear driveshaft? Just trying to understand :)
the linkage from the transfer case.. the bar from the lever and the tc kept popping out of place..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks I will try and address the linkage and shifter boot tom.....I know I prob should have just done the mml lift also. When I called jks they said it you did not have to do both but then again who knows who i spoke too that day.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Plus it also places your drie shaft at a much better angle when you do the suspension.
yep.. im using the mml and about 3-4 washers on my tc drop to get rid of my vibes..

now i just gotta save up for CAs and a sye

1 - 20 of 30 Posts