Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
| TeraFlex Suspensions (with shocks)

I don't know the first thing about lifts/suspension. I don't know if there is a difference, or if "suspension system" is just technical jargon for lift. I don't know what shocks are. However, I want a lift on my Jeep, and after some research, I've gone with this one (with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers).

In additional to getting this lift kit installed, are there any additional modifications I should do for the better of the Jeep? I have a 14 JKU Rubicon w/ front/rear lockers and front disconnecting sway bar. I've been eager to get this installed, but I've heard that I should do (or in some cases, it is necessary to do) some additional things to the Jeep for optimal performance/avoiding damage. Can anyone tell me what these things are? Doing something to axles, driveline, whatever it takes. I'm probably going to pull the trigger soon, so whatever I need to hear, let me know!! Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Pretty good kit, I'd recommend getting it with no shocks and getting rancho 9000s. You should also get an exhaust spacer to save the drive shaft.

The TF front trackbar would also be a solid addition to the kit but can be added later

There are tons of threads on here about lifting for beginners. Also the tech forum has some good resources, don't be afraid to use the search feature. If you search "teraflex 3" " or "flex arm" I think you find a number of people who have this kit

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Lifting a Jeep often leads to issues, some minor some not, that you must get involved to fully resolve in many cases. Many shops seem lost in this arena. It would be time well spent to learn the basics about what is involved, the parts required and issues that can arise. There is a lot of great information in the sticky at the top of this forum under the heading "Lift Advice":

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/jk-tech-common-questions-here-475185.html

Then read some of the threads that pop up daily on lift kits and tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts