Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching some and find that just right answer. I installed the barricade he front bumper and hooked the 2 round lights up to the factory fog light wires, so they will operate like stock on the light switch. My issue is flicker. Not while on but anytime the jeep is running and even after you shut jeep off, turn lights off, and lock doors using the remote. Those two lights sit there and flicker for about 30-45 seconds-ish. How do you stop that. When they are on no flicker at all. Only when they are off. Will an anti flicker harness cure this? Do i need something else?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too. I bought some and haven't installed them yet, was just wondering if they were intended to fix flicker while lights or in or off or don't matter they stop the flicker no matter what.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I added a series diode and shunt resistor and capacitor before each LED light. The flicker is caused by the CANbus sending a small current down the line to test the bulb for an open circuit. The added circuit allows the current to bypass the LED light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts