Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been running doors off for the last few weeks. With the doors went my mirrors. I tried some Rampage quick release mirrors - turns out these things are pretty terrible. Lasted about 2 weeks. The problem with them is they won't stay in their position if you drive over 50mpg which in I do since it's my DD.
image-2708944145.jpg

So I want new mirrors. My constrain is that I'm running a light bar and a pillar lights. I would really like a full relocation kit, but not sure how they would work mounted over the light bar bracket. Anyone else have any experience to share?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I used the Olympic 4x4 Safari mirrors which used the upper door hinge to secure. Never had a problem with them on the highway as long as you make sure to secure the nuts holding it down as well as the one on the back of the mirror. You will get some vibration/flutter on the mirror from the wind, but it didn't re position the mirror from my original setting.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I have the Quadratec mirrors which are just like the Olympic mirrors shown above. They do vibrate when going down the road, but they serve there purpose. If you tighten the bottom lock nut good, the mirrors will stay in place at highway speeds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I've been running doors off for the last few weeks. With the doors went my mirrors. I tried some Rampage quick release mirrors - turns out these things are pretty terrible. Lasted about 2 weeks. The problem with them is they won't stay in their position if you drive over 50mpg which in I do since it's my DD.
View attachment 2848209

So I want new mirrors. My constrain is that I'm running a light bar and a pillar lights. I would really like a full relocation kit, but not sure how they would work mounted over the light bar bracket. Anyone else have any experience to share?
Strange, I used these same mirrors last Summer with my tube doors and never had any problems. If I remember correctly there is a nut or some such to allow you to tighten the mirror position?

I mean I fiddled with them for quite awhile to get them in to position originally, but after initial set up I don't recall having much trouble at all with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
looking for help as well. Need light bar mounts that only use the top 2 fasteners.

I am using the above relocation kit (Rugged ridge version)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the relocation bracket and moved mine, but the mirrors are useless if I put my doors back on. I have been looking for arm extensions for my factory mirrors, with no luck. If I can find any I will let you know, if anyone knows where I can get some you can help us both out.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Watching this one to see the suggestions. I'm struggling with the same decision. I was ready to buy that same set as the original poster and held off because of the buyer feedback that said they moved around. The ones that go in the upper door hinge are nice, but I don't want to fiddle with removing/replacing them if I want the doors on to travel.

I have a set of tube doors with mirrors on them which I should really be satisfied with as the perfect solution, but I just want the doors off sometimes.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the rigged ridge quick release in square. Mounting style looks a lot like the OPs ones though. You have to clamp them down hard but they don't move or vibrate even on the interstate. Gotta put on your big boy pants and put a little muscle in it. Not the best option on the market but also not the most expensive. I'm happy enough with them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jeep jk mirror relocation brackets with extended arm Jeep YJ mirrors. Work great with doors on or off. I don't have to do anything which is good because I'm a bit lazy lol

?df7b

ForumRunner_20160321_233817.jpg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do the Die-Techs like I did.
Nice! Do you have to then reinstall the stock mirrors on the doors when you put those back on? If so, is that an easy task or have to take of door panels, etc?

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Nice! Do you have to then reinstall the stock mirrors on the doors when you put those back on? If so, is that an easy task or have to take of door panels, etc?
Thanks!
Never tried. I bought a set of "knockoff" Mopar stock mirrors off flea bay for $60.
You can choose to remove your stock mirrors and use them. Did not want to "ding" up the stock doors, not to mention the waist of time, constantly swapping mirrors back and forth.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts