Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2015 rubicon JK 4 dr, I just replace my front bumper with a 10th-anniversary front bumper, and install a winch on it. They probably added 250 lbs on the front side.

Now I can feel the head of my Wrangler is sag. I think I need to replace new coil spring.

Can anyone give me the correct Coil spring Mopar number?

Or can I use "Teraflex Performance Leveling Kit" to replace my current spring?

If Teraflex is better, I saw that leveling kit will lift 2 inch front side and 1 inch rear side. Do I need to replace shock? Or I can use my old shocks.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Just putting a winch and factory 10a shouldn't cause it to sag. Did you measure it before and after?

Reactions: WaltA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying me! :)

I weight them. The stock front bumper and skid plate are at most 40lbs. The Hardrock(10a) bumper and skid plate are almost 200 lbs, plus the winch mount plate(20 lbs) and winch(70 lbs), the front side has over 220 lbs. :(

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Thank you for replying me! :)

I weight them. The stock front bumper and skid plate are at most 40lbs. The Hardrock(10a) bumper and skid plate are almost 200 lbs, plus the winch mount plate(20 lbs) and winch(70 lbs), the front side has over 220 lbs. :(
Really?

huh, I never would have guessed that. the skid plate is pretty beefy, but the bumper is very thin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased the front bumper with skid plate online, and the fedex web showed that total weight is 90 kg, almost 200 lbs. :(

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I don't think that a Hard Rock gets any different front springs than a similarly equipped Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I still have my front and rear springs from my stock Rubicon hard rock. They are off of my 2016 and only have 13,000 miles
Do you think they would help you?
I took them off when I added my Lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts