Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Jeeper's, I have a 90 yj I6 carb. My first problem was a leaky valve cover so I replaced it, in the process of checking for leaks I found that my gas line was kinked and leaking so I replaced it with a rubber gas line. I fixed the leak but now it won't stay running. I've tried messing with the carb with little adjustments but nothing seems to work. I need help PLEASE because it's my daily driver.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The gas line that you replaced. Was it from the tank forward? You didnt say which one. If you replaced the long line from the tank up to the pump, even with neoprene line, it wont work on a long span like that. The fuel pump will suck the line shut decreasing the gas flow. Spend the money on the 3/16 steel line and replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that, it was both the rubber hoses that were already there that was dry rotted. They were located at the ends of the steel hoses by the driver side firewall conected to the frame. I dont know if their supposed to be there but they were and were leaking. One of them went to the fuel filter and the other went on the passenger side of the engine and across the valve cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts