Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It has a lot of mods, but the way I would approach this is to detirmine the value without any mods. You can have Warn everything but at the end of the day still have a rusty Wrangler that is going to nickel and dime you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like a hell of a deal (if it were in New England anyways...). Check the frame and tub out; if it looks as good as the 1 picture posted then I'd definitely say go for it (drive it of course, listen while driving, look CLOSE at everything). Mileage is low in my opinion.

FWIW, that would be a good price for the mileage even without the mods up here. Just have a keen eye for rot when you scope it out.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I don't know about this one, if you are a relative rookie on modified TJ's I'd be very careful about buying this one. If it were closer to bone stock the price would be excellent.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would def look around and find similar Jeeps (engine, trans, mileage, package) around the area that are stock or close to stock and see what they are going for. This will give you a better idea of how good of a buy it would be. Mods dont really add a whole lot of actual value to the vehicle, they really just make the vehicle more appealing. Also there is no way to know who installed the mods and if they were done correctly. This one seems a little evident that there is something wrong to me. Has anyone noticed in the pictures that the Jeep has a snorkel, but yet under the hood the vehicle has a CAI running to behind the right headlight to an open air box area. So whats the point of the Snorkel? What kind of SL in on the vehicle? Is it just some worthless piece of junk suspension lift or higher end lift installed by professional? You could spend a small fortune fixing the PO wannabe mechanic mistakes. If you are planning on considering it i would learn a lot more about the vehicle and have someone who knows a few things about Jeeps and Modding them look at it. If not i wouldnt touch it.

PO though, Go with a stock TJ and mod it yourself. Cant go wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright if I do I will have plenty of money in my pocket to fix it the way I want but where I live not many jeeps are this cheap

·
Registered
715 Posts
How does the CAI work with the Snorkel pipe shown in the picture? Don't know much about snorkels, but wouldnt expect to see that filter under the hood.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So wait, what's the verdict? Did you get it today or what? You said in another post that you were looking for mirrors because you run without doors?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So wait, what's the verdict? Did you get it today or what? You said in another post that you were looking for mirrors because you run without doors?
Yea I got it I posted that yesterday cause I was curious on what I would be able to do. I run with doors off in my last jeep and this one had a snorkel so I wasn't sure. Also the CAI is the main one but if I put the stock intake on the snorkel will connect to that so it isn't that big of a deal I like the option.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yea I got it I posted that yesterday cause I was curious on what I would be able to do. I run with doors off in my last jeep and this one had a snorkel so I wasn't sure. Also the CAI is the main one but if I put the stock intake on the snorkel will connect to that so it isn't that big of a deal I like the option.
Congrats! How it is so far?

I'd just get some harley mirrors and call it a day. And having the snorkel installed with the option to pipe it in is a bonus as I see it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's good I like it. Me and the seller agreed that i have until the end if the week to bring it to a mechanic. If he says something is wrong with it then I can bring it back and get my money back. Hopefully nothing is wrong with it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts