Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 94 I have half doors with soft uppers. The other day my key stopped working when I locked it, but I could still lock it from the inside. A couple of days later I locked it from the inside because my laptop was in there and I had to go in the store and the lock on the door handle on the inside is stuck. Now the door is stuck in the locked position and I can't open it at all.

From what I can tell I can go about this one of 2 ways:

First would be to take the top off, let the windshield down so I can get the upper off, and disassemble the door that way.

The other way that I can think of is to try to take the door off from the hinge to get the upper off.

My question is, has anyone ever had to go through this? And if so what was your experience like? What would be the best way to go about doing this?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I had a problem with my driver's side door when I bought mine.. Had to replace the hinges, and such in order to keep the door closed. Mine too will lock from the inside, but I can't unlock it from the outside. I do one of two things.. 1. lock it from the inside and then when I want to get in, go through the passenger door, reach over and unlock the drivers side from the inside. That is a huge pain in my ass, so I rarely do it. Actually have never done it, but it's an option I guess. The other for me is simply don't lock it. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts