Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got in a wreck and destroyed my transfer case. I was looking on craigslist and found a NP231 for $100 and they did not mention what year or anything about the transfer case. I was wondering if I could swap out the shaft in mine to the new one incase the new one didn't mate up to my trans. I have a 1988 Wrangler 4.2 with the TF999

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"The BA10/5 is a laterally loaded and assembled transmission. It has an 1-1/8", 10 spline input shaft. It may feature 21 or 23 splines on its output shaft; earlier units having 21 splines and later units having 23 splines."

They're trans is an 89 Peugeot BA10/5

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np_nvg_input_gears.htm

From what the chart says, I believe the splines are the same and the NP231 should match up to my jeep. Correct?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry i posted tose links real quick and then forgot to come back to it.

Your current transfer case mating to the tf999 had a Long input 23spline
If they have a ba10 And its an 89 yes, good chance it has a long input 23 spline.

If they have it pulled have them take a pic of the front input. If it barely sticks out its the 21spline, if it pokes out quite a bit its the 23spline and will work behind your tf999

1 - 5 of 5 Posts