Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my dash seat belt light will not turn off. I'm loosing my mind with the non stop chime with seat belt or both on. Please excuse my newbiness. I searched this forum and others and no luck. I'm trying to avoid going to stealership. please help...... 2013 jeep jk 2dr

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
check under your seats be sure the connectors are clean and no wires have been severed or ripped out you may need to disconnect the connectors clean them out and reconnect them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the connections over the last weekend. I made sure that wires were not severed. Does anyone know if the weight sensor pad in passenger seat has anything to do with the seat belt?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I got two Chrysler/Jeep seat belt clips from a junked vehicle. Click them in and no problem. Yes, weight on passenger seat will set off chime and light.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can not do the seat belt chime mod.... until the light goes off..... i tried it with no success

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There's some type of glitch. If the seat belt isn't latched you'll get a chime and a light. If equipped with "belt alert" it seems like there's going to be a chime and light unless the seat belt is buckled. There could be a software problem a connection problem, or both. A dealer can deactivate "belt alert" at the owner's request. The seat position sensor is for the staged supplemental restraint system. If there was a problem you could have an air bag warning light. There could be a connection between the occupant detection sensor and the seat belt latch sensor on the passenger side which could cause the light and chime to be enabled when it should be off. It sounds like a dealer should troubleshoot and diagnose the problem at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
This may sound crazy, but are you sitting anything in your passenger seat? I put my computer bag on my passenger seat on the way home from work tonight and just about went crazy unbuckling and rebuckling my seatbelt until I finally picked up my bag from the passenger seat and put it in the floorboard.....light off and problem solved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the dealer today and ordered a new driver side buckle. Crossing my fingers that it will correct the issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts