Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to put a snorkel on my jeep but I'm running into a few problems. I have the XRC fenders on my 07 JK so I don't want to drill any holes into those but I also don't want to buy the anniversary hood to put that style snorkel on. I'm not sure how difficult it is to put one of those snorkels on a OEM good? A little help

image-1488189547.jpg

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I think every snorkel out there involves some trimming in one area or another... some require relocates others don't.
Do your research and decide what suits you best, intrusions for all the snorkels can be found on the manufacturers websites

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
But does that include cutting into the cowl and the firewall? Possible battery relocation?
Cutting the cowl yes, not sure about battery relocation. I'd have to check, looked into one a couple months back cause I like the hummer style snorkels but can't remember what's all involved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at that one yesterday and it's looking like my best option. Minimum cutting and the style snorkel I like. I was just trying to stay away from cutting a hole in my hood, cowl or fender.
I looked at several before choosing the new rugged ridge low profile mount without the snorkel going up the windshield. It's awesome and been seriously tested in Florida swamps

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I don't have a snorkel but if or when I get one it will be the AEV style. The cutting is done to the hood, which is easier to replace if you ever need to. The AEV style also does not have any joints lower than the airbox that could potentially fail. It has a straight path to the air box that is not as restricted as other designs. All these positive features lead me to believe it is the best design for the JK.

With that said I also think it's the ugliest, but form follows function for me.

There are a few install videos on youtube. I suggest watching them if you want to know how hard it is to cut your OEM hood for the snorkel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts