Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my YJ last summer the PO included a hardtop, bikini top, and soft top. The soft top is an old Best Top, but when I look up instructions online for the BestTop Replace-a-top the parts look different (windshield brackets, etc.).. I took some pics of everything I got EXCEPT the side and corner rails because I already installed those on my jeep. Some tips would be a huge help

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm not sure what help you are looking for? I have the same top but in black and the only thing I'm not sure if I saw in the pics is the windshield hardware... and I can't remember if there was a set of new rails for the half doors.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
quadratec has pics of the different frames in their soft top advisor section, you should be able to match it up there.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have the windshield bracket that goes across the top that you should usually be able to tuck the front of the top into but the front of my soft top doesn't seem to have that feature. It has holes that make it look like it should bolt on like a hard top to the inside of the windshield but those don't line up either

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
BTW that link was just an example I don't recommend buying from JCW. They are frequently overpriced and their 'customer protection' policy has screwed me over several times. They won't let you ship it to someplace other than your billing address without authorization from the bank... ANNOYING.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I figured out the soft top snaps onto this windshield header... so I looked up and this makes mine a BestTop sunrider top. Anybody know how to mount it onto the windshield? Is there any way I can fly one of you guys out to my house and feed you so you can help me install it? Lmao

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Ohhh i guess they are a slightly different top lol mine just has a rail and the top kind of hooks into it. But eveything else looks the exact same. It was a really simple install just drill holes where there are holes in the rails pretty much. Now that you know the model of top try googling for a set of instructions for it.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The windshield bracket is there, it's in the pic of your soft top at the very top with the holes in it. That piece gets screwed into the top of your windshield.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bikini top tucks into that bracket like your soft top, but my soft top doesn't have that similar design. I'm very annoyed by that thing lol

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
My bikini top tucks into that bracket like your soft top, but my soft top doesn't have that similar design. I'm very annoyed by that thing lol
i would be too, sorry I couldn't help. I've had a couple different tops and they've all had that rubber lip that fits into the groove on the windshield. My only othe thought is any chance you have a tj top?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Ok, sunrider on yj looks like your missing the header latches that attach to the inside of your windshield frame. There's a good best top you tube video.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ok, sunrider on yj looks like your missing the header latches that attach to the inside of your windshield frame. There's a good best top you tube video.
This. The windshield header doesn't attach to the windshield like a normal top. There are 2 twist latches that lock it down to the windshield.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm just missing the pieces that attach to the windshield (those twist latches/the windshield brackets) and they're at least $60 on Quadratec.... woof... never thought this soft top would be such a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would be too, sorry I couldn't help. I've had a couple different tops and they've all had that rubber lip that fits into the groove on the windshield. My only othe thought is any chance you have a tj top?
I agree with Pmryall. Sure the PO didn't get the wrong top? The lip should fit in to the groove over the top of your windshield frame

1 - 19 of 19 Posts