Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased my first Wrangler yesterday which is a 2007 X. Everything is almost in perfect condition, besides The fact I need a new Shift boot and the part that hold the boot in place, and then the Dome light wires for the driver door(at least I think thats what the two wires are) are just hanging out of the cloth cover. I would like some help to see how to reattach the wires so I can have my dome light working without opening my cargo door. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
07silverX said:
So I just purchased my first Wrangler yesterday which is a 2007 X. Everything is almost in perfect condition, besides The fact I need a new Shift boot and the part that hold the boot in place, and then the Dome light wires for the driver door(at least I think thats what the two wires are) are just hanging out of the cloth cover. I would like some help to see how to reattach the wires so I can have my dome light working without opening my cargo door. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.
If you don't open doors, you have to turn them on using the dimmer switch on the turn signal stalk. Unfortunately you can't just press the light to turn it on

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
The two wire should run about 12" out to a plug. This is so you can unplug the wires to take the door off. The plug should be hanging straight down the side panel about 6" away from the door.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Best pic I could find. Right were you see it go up under the dash is were the plug should be

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah okay. Well mine wires are only about 5 inchs outside the cover. and only two different wires. So it looks like I may have to find the plug at a junkyard and do some soldering. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts