Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:Hey got a question for ya. I am looking at buying a 1987 Wrangler with a Chevy small block 350 and it needs a heater core and a power steering pump. Now my question is will I need to get a heater core for a Jeep or will I need to get one for a Chevy 350 and the same goes for the power steering pump? This will be the first Jeep i have ever owned so I am new to all this and any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Heater core for the jeep, power steering pump for the chevy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot man that helps a ton! Also I think I will probably need heavier U-Joints for the front driveshaft because of the bigger engine,any advice on what kind to get without spending a fortune??

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Enthusiasm is great, mechanical experience and a large shop/tools/bank account is better for this kind of project.

But welcome to the Wonderful World of Jeeps!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for all the welcomes i am very excited to be entering the Jeep world I have wanted one every since i was little and now I finally have one now that my kids are old enough to safely ride in one. The only thing this Jeep needs is the heater core and power steering pump and front u-joints oh yeah and I have the shop to do everything in so I think I am good all except for the large bank account lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts