Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the diffrence between a 1994 4cyl wrangler engine and a 1997 wrangler engine is? Or does anyone know what to do to make it work? And if not were i can find a engine for the 97 at that is reasonable? Iam losing my mind any help would be great thank you.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
The engine blocks are the same. I think the intake / map sensor maybe a tad different. I would check your local salvage yards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dud change intakes no the map senor. And i have check all around here to find the engine but no luck. But i will try the map sensor forsure. Thank u for your help the most i have got so far.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
It should be a straight swap because you are just using the block. You can swap whatever you need from your old block/head to attach to the new block .It may include your current intake,exhaust manifold and feul management system. Some of the accessories may be in different places but that should be solved by using your old accessory brackets. If the head is still good on the TJ, you may want to swap it since it's newer. Just fyi, when calling salvage yards, just make sure to have them check other models.

2.5 L engine was used in the following vehicles:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so very much i really did not think about swaping heads. I have the motor and all in the jeep now just not running for crap. I will try the head swap and map sensor and go from there. Thank you again you are a life saver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts