Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 jeep Cherokee limited 4x4. And I found water/coolant in the trans stick Wat could it be? I need to find out ASAP. Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I would guess the problem is somewhere in your radiator. Because that's the only place the two fluids could ever meet

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is it water or coolant? If water could be you somehow submerged the breather tube for the trans. If coolant it pretty much has to be a leak in the trans cooler in the radiator.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The trans lines don't go on the radiator.. But they do attach to the a/c condenser.. Could it be the a/c condenser? Because the trans and the a/c share the a/c condenser.

·
Registered
513 Posts
So the transmission oil lines that run from the transmission to the tank on the bottom of the radiator and back to the transmission aren't really there? Is the Cherokee radiator different than the Wrangler?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
div4gold said:
So the transmission oil lines that run from the transmission to the tank on the bottom of the radiator and back to the transmission aren't really there? Is the Cherokee radiator different than the Wrangler?
Yes it's different..

·
Registered
221 Posts
It must be a Grand Cherokee and have a stand alone TOC, that said, it's water in the fluid entering like was said above, through the vent or fill tube.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JTE said:
It must be a Grand Cherokee and have a stand alone TOC, that said, it's water in the fluid entering like was said above, through the vent or fill tube.

I'm ganna just drain and refill and check it ofthen with out going tru any rivers and hope it was just water in from the river

1 - 11 of 11 Posts