Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, when taking off, jeep will torque to the left. you have to correct it by steering right. If you just go with it it will go left and then when you make a gear change it will go back to the right untill you mash the skinny pedal and it goes back to the left. It is only noticeable from first to seccond and then to third. what could be causing this, is something loose or what.
Brian

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Check your air pressure? Brakes in good shape and/or been inspected?

Sounds like you're describing normal symptoms of 'mashing' the skinny pedal:
your right rear tire is pushing, therefore your vehicle will be pushed toward the front left corner when you give it gas.
If you don't feel this is the case, you may want to supply a little more background. As in, how long you've had the Jeep, how long it has done this, and whether or not you replaced any parts, tires, lift, etc, before or near to the time that this symptom started.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
330 Posts
If you've got an auto locker, then like monkee said I'd check the air pressure.

When my Jeep did this once when it was open diffed, it ended up being the upper control arm/track bar mount ripped off the axle. Happened while backing out of a parking spot (dang mall cawlin'! :doh:). But as I drove off, the Jeep would rear steer left under power and right under deceleration. Very weird feeling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts