Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just bought my first jeep. Its a 1999 wrangler TJ. so far, i like it alot, however, with it being an older vehicle, it does has some quirks. Like, the heat, nor the air work, but when your turn on the control, it blows out air, just not hot or cold. and its freezing cold here in SC today.
second, the cigarette outlet doesnt work either. It did yesterday when my cell phone chager was in, but not today. I checked under the hood at the fuse box and it appears that they are all in working order. However, there are alot missing fuses in there and nothing is labled so not sure what goes where. and no owners manual to tell me what all the slots are for. I found a website and downloaded an owners manual, however, it does not tell you fuse placement, just a wiring diagram...ugh

any help you guys can give me would be appreciated!

thanks alot,

Will

·
I do my own stunts.
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Try posting your questions in the TJ Forum. You'll probably get more help there. Sorry, I can't be of any more help to you than that, as I've never owned a TJ. Good luck.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Welcome!

The cig lighter only works when the key is in the on position... took me 3 weeks to figure that one out. I fixed it by re-wiring it to a fused always hot wire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There should be a fuse diagram on the inside of the fuse box under the hood (it's imprinted or labelled on the inside/top of the fuse box so you can read it when you take the top off.) Also, there's another fuse panel that is located behind the glove box, you might want to take a look there as my '97 was missing a few fuses when I got her. That's also where you will disable the door buzzer when you take your doors off (if it hasn't been disabled by the PO already.)

Good luck!

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts