Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so my front wipers fuse is blown and I put a new one in and it blows right away! Any clue what can be the problem? I need them for this snowstorm were having lol any help is appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
usually that means something is shorted to ground....could be the switch or the motor
Going a step further, when does the new fuse blow? When you activate the wipers, or the instant you turn the key to the acc/on position? If it is the former, then the post above mine is right on track. If the fuse blows when you turn the key (ie--before you actually turn on the wipers), then there may be something else in that circuit which is shorting to ground. In that case, you may need to consult a wiring diagram to see what else uses that same circuit. (I have no idea if anything else does use that circuit; this is just general troubleshooting advice.)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Everything was closed due to the snow storm but I'm going tommo to buy a pack and find out when it blows

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the fuse blows when u turn the ignition and sometimes when when u actually turn the wiper blade on. (weird) also the windshield washer doesnt wrk either can some one point me in the right direction

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the motor I peeled back the protective rubber and the ground wire was a little spliced so I fixed it and wala problem solved saved myself 100$ that is goin toward a the new supertop nx ;). 0||||0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts