Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need to know about tops. I recently bought a 03 tj with a factory hard top. I want to drive around topless, but i live in nebraska and weather is constantly changing. i need a quick way to cover up. What should I get. I want something that protects all the interior of the jeep but not a full softtop. I've been looking and it appears i should buy a bikini top, windjammer and deck cover? is this right or do you guys have a better easier solution? I just want to be able to protect the interior from rain. What's best?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey guys, I need to know about tops. I recently bought a 03 tj with a factory hard top. I want to drive around topless, but i live in nebraska and weather is constantly changing. i need a quick way to cover up. What should I get. I want something that protects all the interior of the jeep but not a full softtop. I've been looking and it appears i should buy a bikini top, windjammer and deck cover? is this right or do you guys have a better easier solution? I just want to be able to protect the interior from rain. What's best?

thanks in advance
That sounds like a good plan right there. Probably your best bet aside from getting a full soft top.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I've got the bikini top and deck cover. they alone do a great job covering up most of the interior. I'd be intrested to see how the windjammer does. the only thing I've heard about it is that it leaves a gap on both sides where it straps to the roll bar.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
x2

I have a safari top, but still get water blown in by the wind on the dash and inside of the windshield.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, one more question though, i noticed that on the hard top i don't have a a piece that connects from my door to the roll bar like on a soft top. Sorry I don't know what the piece is called. Do i need to buy this piece for the bikini top to kind of seal everything up as well as possible?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

thanks in advance
Being a fellow Nebraskan I can know what your talking about. I run a Safari top most of the summer. Since I have a soft top now as well when it rains REAL hard I put the top up with windows. Like you my last jeep didn't come with a soft top. So I ran a Safari, Duster and windjammer and it kept everything pretty dry unless it was a big rainstorm. To keep the most water out with this combination is to get a set of door surrounds for your safari/bikini top.

·
3,324 Posts
Oh, you'll be back. Trust me. :)

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
you don't need them for the bikini top they strap right to the roll bar on the driver/passenger sides. however like stated scoob said in order to get the best seal with doors you need to get them. I know that I ran my bikini top and deck cover with door surrounds and for the most part it kept the rain out (with the exception of behind the front seats, because of no windjammer) while I was awaiting my full soft top, and I live in oregon, so it rains quite often.

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
to check your Private messages click on the "private message" writing right on top right corner of the page right by the logout button..:)

·
Registered
858 Posts
i have the bestop safari top and deck cover. with my full doors and windows rolled up, i don't get wet when it rains.

·
3,324 Posts
You don't get rain coming in the sides between the doors and bar?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
thats what the door surrounds help with ^^. the rear roll I would think that you might get water comin into the cab that way but I don't have a windjammer either so... just my .02

·
3,324 Posts
i have the bestop safari top and deck cover. with my full doors and windows rolled up, i don't get wet when it rains.
I was talking about this. I still get wet and was wondering why god hates me but loves chizzle?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts