Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just looking for some help on what unlimited I want to get. I keep reading about them but need help from actual owners point of views. I am in phoenix, AZ and want to get into the off road fun in the near future. First I need to learn about the expenses, what vehicle fits me and make sure I'm not bitting off more than I can chew. As for spending limit, I have about 23,000 that I can put up front(including my trade) and would be willing to take a 10-14k loan for extra if needed. This will be used as my toy to go everywhere and a family vehicle around town. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Find a local Jeep club who mission statement is the kind of off-roading you want to do. Go to a meeting meet some folks and start talking Jeep.

What you buy and how much you mod it has to have an objective and the limiting factor is always $$$

Once you decide what type of wheeling you want to do you figure out what parts you need to get there.

Doesn't always have to happen right away. You can can build one of these for years and never be done.

Join a club
Pick a Jeep to suit what you want to do
Build a plan to get there

You may find one already built to start with unless you are into the mechanic thing

I just noticed

Welcome to the Wrangler Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome advice, thanks a lot I will have to do that, I have been reading quite a bit and it sounds so exciting! I will come back with questions I am sure. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Agree with post above. Join a club. Take a few trips as a ride along. A Jeep is a very capable rig stock. After a few trips you will have an idea of what type of riding you want to do. Perhaps your happy with mild or perhaps you desire to go wild. Plan and budget accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Welcome! I am in Phoenix as well. Check out Arizona Virtual Jeep club. Largest club in the valley, always runs going on, great people. I am sure you coild find a seat to ride along on some runs. We are going on a big run Saturday, but I only have 2 seats (2 door, removed my back seat) and 2 people already.

Virtual Jeep Club

We have lots of good Jeep shops here in the valley (and being a Jeep club member, you can get discounts on parts and services), and a bazillion places to play offroad. There are also tons of folks in the club who would help you wrench on a rig if you buy the pizza and beer.

There is a meet and greet at a pizza joint tomorrow if you want to check out some rigs. I may be there.

East Side Meet and Greet - Wednesday March 11 at 6pm - Nicantoni's Pizza

If you play your cards right, you are close in the territory to afford a 2 door Rubicon. The Jeep club has a few sponsor dealers who should treat you right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts