Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was installing a set of front spring spacers and found my current floor jack would not lift the jeep high enough to get a jack stand far enough back on the frame. A standard lift floor jack won't cut it. Any ideas on a hi-lift floor jack.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I stack bricks under my jack. Just make sure they aren't the hollow ones. Or use lots of 4x4s in a Jenga pattern.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem w that is if I have to let the suspension droop the jack on the blocks will interfere.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
U could jack it up by the frt axle. Put the jack stands under frame on said support of wood/ bricks. I have done this plenty of times and had the axle droop all the way. Just be safe about the support u use under the stand.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't get the jeep high enough to get the jack stand ,even w/o blocks, under the frame under the cab where the frame flattens out.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I have a 2 ton Arcan floor jack with a 24" lift. With two layers of 4x4's on the ground it provides over 30" of reach which has been always been more than enough.

I would not use a Hi-lift per se to lift my Jeep to wok underneath.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think an END LIFT jack would solve most of these problems..... CHI-COM Freight has em .... "BH"
"CHI-COM Freight"? not familiar

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did a quick measurement and found my current floor jack only lifts to 15". Found one the lifts to 21.5" for only $199. That extra 6.5" should be plenty. Thanks for the input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts