Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We need a forum called "What broke on your YJ today..."

Anyhow, on the back of the latchwell are a couple of plastic goodies that connect the latchwell to the hardware that pulls the door latch to open it. It's the 2 white plastic doomahitchies in the picture. One is for the opening hardware and the other is for the door lock. Anyone know where I can get these for my 1988 Jeep YJ?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,691 Posts
The guys at Morris are great. But $9.00 each?? Holy Cow!

Try E&G Terminal in Denver. They have their catalog online. You may have to buy 25 pieces, but you can sell the extras to your buddys for a couple bucks each.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spent some time searching for these creatures at a more reasonable price and found the entire door handle (which includes the plastic clips) for less than just the clips were from Morris. (Nothing disparaging about Morris, just a comparison of the product/prices.) I was going to have to paint the old door handles anyhow, which would have covered the "lock" writing, so this is a win-win all around.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I got a whole pack on the HELP rack at Oreillys two packs $10

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My two new door latches came yesterday and assuming the replacement to be a 30 minute job I jumped on it right away. Nothing went well or quick. Dropped the new door latch about an hour into the job, it broke and I had to revert back to using the old one. Anyhow, 3 hours later I was loving my Jeep a whole lot less. But it's done now and the door locks work whereas before they didn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts