Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting 1.5" spacers on and need axle studs that are about 1/4" longer than stock.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Airslot, that is exactly what I needed.

After digging through a gazillion bins at Auto Zone this afternoon I tried 610-148.1 but the serrated part was .012" too big around and I couldn't draw it up all the was and I really don't want to have to pull the axles and press them in. This chart will make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found what I needed on AirSlot's Dorman chart. Dorman 610-379. The first one I tried I galled the crap out of and never did manage to draw it all the way in. The 2nd and subsequent studs got grease on the shanks and way too much anti-seize on the threads but I was able to draw them up tight with my impact wrench.
3.11.16 011.jpg

3.11.16 013.jpg

The length was perfect the easy start and 1 complete thread cleared the nuts and there was still plenty of clearance between the studs and the face of the spacer. I torqued them to 60 foot pounds then went back and took them down to 120 ft pounds. I also put Locktite Blue on them.
3.11.16 023.jpg

What a difference 1 1/2" on each side makes. I can cut my front wheels all the way to the stops without any rubbing and both front and back fit the new fender flairs now.
3.11.16 029 post 2.jpg

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts