Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front end is making all sorts of noise when I go over bumps, as well as turning. I'm a guy who prides himself on doing my own mods and repairs, but I cannot figure this out. Looking for Jeep specific mechanic in North Jersey. REFUSE to take it to the stealership. Thank in advance for any help.

Bill B.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
My front end is making all sorts of noise when I go over bumps, as well as turning. I'm a guy who prides himself on doing my own mods and repairs, but I cannot figure this out. Looking for Jeep specific mechanic in North Jersey. REFUSE to take it to the stealership. Thank in advance for any help. Bill B.
How many miles, did you check boat to work on it in your front suspension bolts?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Jensen's in Andover, he's got a rebuilt CJ and he would be good to you. Small shop, good family feel to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its got about 32000 and change on it. I've got the teraflex leveling kit on there. I've spent hours underneath looking for anything loose, taken the tires off and I see nothing that's even remotely moving.

·
Premium Member
53,783 Posts
Its got about 32000 and change on it. I've got the teraflex leveling kit on there. I've spent hours underneath looking for anything loose, taken the tires off and I see nothing that's even remotely moving.
Have somebody turn the steering wheel 9 to 3. Look for any movement in the front end. Joints, bushings, bolts. Loose sway bar links can be noisy too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.