Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed for a newbie.

Hubby is the jeep guy but I am going to learn quickly!
Our new to us '10 JKU has sideview mirrors on the body and the passenger side is almost impossible to see with half door and zip windows on. There is a fill in for the mirrors on the doors. I need to get mirrors on the doors and would prefer ones to fit the original space.

What should we get?

I saw these on quadratec and liked price but wasn't sure what difference was between these and more expensive options.
http://m.quadratec.com/products/product.php?pid=13111+0330

Do we get any discounts there (Hi Rick!)?

Should I go chrome?

How do I know if I have heated or signal light adapter?
How hard are they to install? Do we have to remove door or just fill?

Thanks in advance! image-3422445921.jpg

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Qtec ones will work fine. I had fitment issues with the eBay ones. Very easy to install and just requires to bolts removed where that black blank plate is now. I would never recommend chrome, but it's your Jeep.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Those mirrors were put on so you can have mirrors on with doors off. Like you said hard to see with the doors on. Quadretec makes a new spring loaded mirror that mounts there but sits back on the door where the original mirror would go. Something to look into or get the originals and just swap out when and if you take the doors off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the advice. I think the old owners used it mainly with doors off (or often enough to warrant the mirrors there).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts