Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a issue with a lack of heat with a 2.5l while driving?? At a stop light it or if i run inside a store really quick it will warm up... But as soon as i start rolling it start cooling off.... It hovers not to far above 100 deg.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
The gauge on the dash reads around 100?
If so the thermostat could have failed in the open position, not allowing the engine to heat up.
Or like the other poster coolant could be low
The heat in mine will damn near burn me, my temp gauge shows just under 210

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeez...210?? Humm imma take a peek in the radiator and therm. Housing and see what im working with... Just pick the jeep up not to long ago so im still feeling out the bugs...

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
The po could have removed the thermostat, you never know what the previous owners have done. Good luck and post back

Here's a shot of my gauges at operating temp

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea my old 95 yj could fry an egg on the vents.... Il do a little digging and see what i find...

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
its a thermostat. its either broken, or not there at all. my 97 is great for heat. ten mins running at 20 degrees outside and the whole inside is warmed up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Havnt gotten around to change the thermostat but noticed my heater core hosed where pinched cuz they were to long... Help a little with heat transfer. But still not heating much past 100 deg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine is not working either. I just did a flush last night with no results. Still warm.My temp gauge shows 210 though. so could it still be the thermostat?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
When the gauge says 210 or close to that, that's showing the engine is at the correct temperature which when the heater doesn't put out much heat is usually an indication the heater core is plugged and needs flushing. Or the heater blend-door isn't working and letting the heat into the passenger compartment. The usual cause is a plugged heater core though. And sometimes a flush wasn't done vigorously enough so sometimes another flush is required... the core will flow plenty of water in both directions when it is clean enough. Flush the two heater core hoses too, they can be clogged as well.

When the engine runs at too cold of a temperature to provide good heat, that's a sign that the engine thermostat is the problem... it's either missing, stuck in the open position, or it's not the correct 195 degree model thermostat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the time to replace the thermostat.... Well what was left of it I found out... Make a long story short I got heat!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts